Youth Leadership Boot Camp, scheduled for June 13-17, is now accepting applications. The week-long intensive leadership camp, geared towards teens, will help prepare them to be leaders in their schools, families and communities.
Once selected, participants will spend a week on Ball State University’s campus engaged in a rigorous schedule of sessions, leadership and team-building activities, small group discussions and personal reflection.
Teens entering 8-12 grades are eligible to apply for the camp. The application, which is due by May 31st, can be submitted online at https://bgcmuncie.org/leadershipcamp/. The application process includes an initial application, recommendations from both a parent/guardian and other adult (such as a mentor, coach or supervisor), and an interview with the camp staff.
The leadership camp will focus on giving teens the practical tools needed to thrive as engaged leaders. This will include how to be peer leaders; how to lead projects and advocate for causes; how to plan, facilitate and communicate with groups of people; and how to speak, communicate and use social media in a professional and effective manner. Teens will also develop healthy relationships with other teens, adult mentors and community leaders.
- WHO – Open to teens entering 8-12 grades
- WHAT – Intensive leadership camp to prepare teens to be leaders in their schools, families and communities.
- WHEN – Week-long Camp from June 13th – June 17th (Participants will stay on campus the full week under supervision of Leadership Camp Staff)
- WHERE – Hosted by Boys & Girls Club of Muncie at Ball State University
- HOW – Register online at https://bgcmuncie.org/leadershipcamp/ APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 31st.
For more information, contact Micah Maxwell at 765-282-4461 ext. 105 or email@example.com