Our community has always helped and supported each other in times of need. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Muncie is finding this time is no different. Our Clubs, our members, our staff, and our community have committed to doing whatever it takes to support and help our families through this unprecedented time.
Mr. Rogers once said, “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” The Boys & Girls Clubs see an abundance of helpers right now and we want to take a moment to highlight all of the good surrounding the Clubs, and our kids.
- We are able to help the kids of essential workers by providing them a safe, fun, and educational place to go during the day while their parents are helping our community.
- Our families are helping to flatten the curve by keeping their kids home if they are able.
- Our Club kids are helping our essential workers by learning how to sew masks to send to hospitals and doctor offices in our community.
- Our friends at Muncie Civic Theatre are working with us to keep our mission at the forefront and just this week did a dramatic reading of Peter Pan to help us with our story time.
- We are helping our parents understand their kids’ homework when they aren’t sure what to do.
- Our staff is regularly checking in with our families in isolation to see what needs they have. Our community is fulfilling those needs within the hour of the request.
- The Clubs are committed to helping our staff remain employed by offering multiple ways for them to work.
- Our local foundations are financially helping us during this time to make sure we can provide services to our Club kids.
- Our board members have graciously donated lunch for our staff every day we’ve been open to show their appreciation for all they do.
- Our staff are creating videos with activities parents can do at home with their kids to help keep them engaged and learning.
Our community is no stranger to helping. The Club kids, our staff, and our families are encouraged and grateful for all of the support we’ve received that has helped the Clubs help our families. Without your support we could not do what we do.