MUNCIE, IN (November 26, 2014) – At a recent board meeting of the Boys & Girls Club of Muncie, new board members and 2015 officers were approved. New board member are: Mrs. Kelsey Batten, Executive Director of Marketing and Enrollment Management for Ivy Tech Community College’s East Central and Richmond Regions; Mr. Jamie Matthews, Commercial Banker for First Merchants Bank; Mr. Brian (BJ) McKay, CEO of The Arsenal LLC and a Senior Management Consultant with ADVISA; Mr. James Mitchell, Associate Director of the Ball State University Career Center.
In addition, the Board of Directors elected new officers for 2015. They are Juli Metzger, president; Jon Miller, vice president; Angela Beck, secretary; Ben Smith, treasurer; and Mark McKinney, immediate past president.
“The Boys & Girls Club is honored to welcome Kelsey Batten, Jamie Matthews, BJ McKay and James Mitchell as new directors,” said Mark McKinney, out-going president of the Boys & Girls Club of Muncie. “This next class of leaders for our organization will bring a new level of leadership to complement the growth and impact of the Boys & Girls Club. Our board continues to grow in diversity as it relates to experiences and vision,” McKinney said the new members bring a wealth of varied experience to the Boys & Girls Club Board.
- Kelsey Batten currently serves as the Executive Director of Marketing and Enrollment Management for Ivy Tech Community College’s East Central and Richmond Regions. Prior to joining Ivy Tech, Kelsey was employed at Verallia North America in Muncie. She has an MBA and bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications from Ball State University, with minors in Marketing & Spanish. Kelsey is involved with various local organizations including WIBU and AAF ECI. Kelsey lives in Yorktown with her husband Ben and their family.
- Jamie Matthews works with First Merchants Bank as a Commercial Banker. Prior to joining the bank he spent numerous years in collegiate athletics as a basketball coach and is a former player for Ball State men’s basketball. He has degrees from Central Michigan and Ball State in finance. Jamie has volunteered at the Boys & Girls Club. Jamie lives in Muncie with his wife Joy and their family.
- Brian McKay is the CEO of The Arsenal LLC, located in downtown Muncie and a Senior Management Consultant with ADVISA. BJ is a former college athlete, CrossFit L-1 Certified and has a master’s degree from Ball State University. He also is a dedicated Big Brother Mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Brian lives in Muncie with his wife Erica and their family.
- James Mitchell serves as Associate Director of the Ball State University Career Center. He has worked in various roles with the Career Center since 2004. He is actively involved in the Muncie Community in organizations such as TEAMwork for Quality Living, Shafer Leadership Academy and the Muncie Park Board. He has a master’s degree in Adult Education and bachelor’s degree in English. James lives in Muncie.
The new officers will be installed during the Great Futures Recognition Luncheon on Thursday, Dec. 11, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. at the Boys & Girls Club in Muncie. The luncheon is open to the public and will feature recognition of youth, volunteers and supporters in addition to an impact report to the community.
Juli Metzger works for the College of Communications, Information and Media at Ball State University as Coordinator for Unified Media. She was identified by the board for her leadership in the Muncie community, on the Ball State campus and as a small business owner. Juli and her husband, John, own The JMetzger Group, a content marketing company specializing in niche publications and social media content. Juli has a bachelor’s degree in journalism and master’s degree in Information and Communication Sciences from Ball State. She is a Muncie native, returning to her hometown in 2005 after several appointments around the country with the Gannett Company, including at The Indianapolis Star as Executive Editor for Digital and Group Director for Niche Publications. She was president and publisher of The Star Press from 2005-2009. Juli also is vice president for Project Leadership, a Delaware County nonprofit focused on mentoring youth. Juli lives in Yorktown with her husband and two children.
She has been instrumental in helping to raise awareness for the work of the Boys & Girls Club and leading the 2014 Annual Campaign Committee, said Micah Maxwell, executive director for the Boys & Girls Club.
“I am honored to play a part in The Boys & Girls Clubs of Muncie,” Metzger said. “We’ve had a remarkable year in many ways thanks to Micah, and our dedicated staff and especially to outgoing Board President Mark McKinney and Treasurer Pat Botts, who were the right leaders at the right time for our Board of Directors.
Metzger is joined on The Boys & Girls Board of Directors by veteran board members Jon Miller, Supply Chain Manager for Muncie Power Products who will serve as vice president and Angela Beck, assistant vice president for Old National Bank, who will remain in the role of secretary. Rounding out the 2015 board officers is Ben Smith, vice president/CIO for Estep Doctor & Co., and Mark McKinney, partner at McKinney & Malapit, who will provide support as the immediate past president.
About the Great Futures Recognition Luncheon
To highlight the impact of afterschool programs at the Boys & Girls Club of Muncie, the community is invited to the Great Futures Recognition Luncheon. Individuals and businesses can register online at bgcmuncie.org/greatfutures or by calling (765) 282-4461 ext. 104. Tickets are $30 each or $200 for a table of eight. Sponsorships are still available at $2500 for Discover Sponsors, $1000 for Inspire Sponsors and $500 for Torch Sponsors. Individuals can be a Passport sponsor at $50 which also includes a ticket.
What: Great Futures Recognition Luncheon
When: Thursday, December 11, 2014
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Where: Boys & Girls Club of Muncie, Gymnasium
1710 S. Madison Street, Muncie, IN 47302
Tickets: $30 each or $200 for table of eight
(765) 282-4461 ext. 104 or email@example.com
About Boys & Girls Club of Muncie
The Boys & Girls Club of Muncie was founded in 1933. Our mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential, as productive, caring and responsible citizens. We provide a safe place to learn and grow; ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals; life-enhancing programs and character development experiences; and hope and opportunity. You can learn more at www.bgcmuncie.org. For more information, please contact the Boys & Girls Club at firstname.lastname@example.org or (765) 282-4461.